When a library author / maintainer writes to respond on a thread, the library buys my vote !
Would be good to see Sema expand it's functionality. Not sure if Sema uses libev (the slightly hacked version that Watchman uses), but it sure seems to be a smart library.

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Tangent 128 <tangent128@gmail.com> wrote:
On 09/12/2013 12:01 PM, Jayanth Acharya wrote:
> Interesting. The name however gives me the impression of it having to
> do something with "semaphores" !! :-)
>
> Did a quick read, and compared to watchman, looks like sema has
> limited ability to watch for events. Only process state. Watchman
> seems to be able to do a bit more. Anyhow, will try it out.

Feedback on the present version is always welcome, limited though it is.
The custom commands are kinda the only reason to use it over daemontools
right now. :P

I certainly intend to add richer functionality to sema when I cycle back
to working on it in about a month; next feature priority was going to be
timers, for cron-like functionality, but if there's more external
interest in inotify, socket activation, or something similar, I could
investigate.

(huh, I was looking to see if there were any Lua-based supervisors
before starting sema, but somehow didn't notice Watchman was a thing
until just now. Ah well, ecosystem diversity and all that.)