On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Phill Djonov <phill@vec3.net> wrote:
It's an interesting statement. The languages certainly share a lot of
common features (dynamically typed, garbage-collected, first-class
functions, objects are dictionaries...). I've caught myself
introducing people to the language with something like, "It's very
much like JS, except mainly for the different syntax and object/class
system," on more than one occasion. And as Elias says, it's also got a
strong metaphorical truth to it.

--
Phill Djonov
Programmer, Tools and Graphics

I usually describe Lua as "like _javascript_ but sane".

--
Sent from my Game Boy.