On 30/08/2013 2:37 PM, steve donovan wrote:
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Tom N Harris <telliamed@whoopdedo.org> wrote:
You're not the first person to want REXX parsing in Lua. In a thread from last
year [1], Steve suggested his SIP module which may help convince one or two of
your stubborn coworkers.
Yep, see http://stevedonovan.github.io/Penlight/api/topics/08-additional.md.html

The idea was to make many common string parsing tasks clearer.  These
days, Lua string patterns have become second nature, but I do remember
having to work at them in the begining. So it's nice to have a 'String
patterns for Dummies' option.

Nice work! I'm loving penlight. There's more useful stuff in there then you can shake a stick at.