Hi, a few weeks ago I released Alpha Memory for BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. It is a free memory game where you match letter pairs, appropriate for children to learn and practice the alphabet. It's a full game, with menus, transitions, cute animations, sounds, single/multiplayer, etc.

Anyways, all the game code is written entirely in Lua, and I made it open source (Apache License v2) on my github here:

    https://github.com/mlepage/memory-game

There's nothing terribly tricky in the Lua code, in fact it's mostly using a C++ framework via generated Lua wrappers. Still, it may serve as an example if you wish to see a full (albeit simple) game written in Lua. It should build for all desktop platforms and most mobile platforms.

Enjoy!

P.S.: My github has other Lua projects including puzzle solvers and portfolio balancers.