Hello everyone,

We are proud to present you with the release of Prosody 0.9.0.

Prosody is a lightweight XMPP server, written in Lua. We focus on
simplicity, ease-of-use and efficiency - which is why you can find
Prosody running just about anywhere from embedded systems all the way
up to large-scale services.

XMPP is an extensible federated messaging and presence protocol,
popularly used for IM and machine-to-machine communication.

Many thanks to the authors of all the open-source software on whose
shoulders we stand, and in particular LuaSocket, LuaSec, LuaEvent and
of course Lua itself.

For a full run-down of the release, in colour, please see our blog
post: http://blog.prosody.im/prosody-0-9-0-released/

Highlights of new features in this branch:

  - Full IPv6 support
  - Certificate authentication for server-to-server connections
  - Revamped internal HTTP server
  - Publish/subcribe support (XEP-0060)
  - Many, many other improvements

Download information for various platforms can be found at:
https://prosody.im/download

If you are upgrading from a previous release, please read our release
notes, because you may need to update your configuration file:
https://prosody.im/doc/release/0.9.0#upgrading

Happy Jabbering,
The Prosody Team