On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Lorenzo Donati
<lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Well, since we are on the sci-fi edge: maybe a sort of TMP can be
> sanitized, tamed and brought into Lua 5.3 - all with a Lua flavour of
> course! :-)

Fabien's Metalua project is all about compile-time metaprogramming.
MP is by definition harder than P, especially in a language that has a
lot more syntax than Scheme.

(which is why with LuaMacro I didn't even try to operate on the
syntactical level, just mess around with the lexical stream.)

Fortunately, Lua doesn't need templates, because it's dynamic and
there's always code generation at run time.