[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] luaprompt 0.3
- From: Dimitris Papavasiliou <dpapavas@...>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:54:19 +0300
luaprompt is a simple library that provides a Lua command prompt
that can be embedded in a host application. It's meant for
applications that use Lua as a configuration or interface
language and can therefore benefit from an interactive prompt for
debugging or regular use.
Also included is luap, an interactive interpreter which tries to
mimic the standard lua interpreter as much as possible while
providing the extra set of features described below. Some
tweaking of the makefile may be required to get it to build.
* Readline-based input with history and completion: In
particular all keywords, global variables and table
accesses (with string or integer keys) can be completed in
addition to readline's standard file completion.
* Persistent command history (retained across sessions).
* Proper value pretty-printing for interactive use.
* Color highlighting of error messages and variable printouts.
This release includes a couple of pretty-printing and completion
improvements the most important of which perhaps is that luaprompt now
always honours the __tostring metamethod if one exists when
pretty-printing. This can be useful when working with custom data types
implemented with tables or userdata.
You can find more information as well as a download link at
If your local mirror hasn't picked up the file yet and the link
is broken you can try this link: