On 8/13/2013 3:46 PM, Karol Dro wrote:
Thanks for replies.

2013/8/9 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo [wrote:]

    ... tell us more about the problem
    you're trying to solve.

I'm writing components for CEMS system.
I don't want to paste code, because names of variables, etc. are
in Polish.
I try to explain what this code calculates.

For example, one of the component calculate/normalize SO2 (sulfur
dioxide) concentration measurment.

Besides I have measurments: O2 (oxygen), H2O (humidity), T
(temperature), P (pressure), which are located in the separate
components.

On input I have measurment value (SO2_in) and I must normalize
this value to the reference conditions: O2_r = 11 %, H2O_r = 0,
T_r = 273.15, P_r = 1013.25.

Formula for this calculation is the following:

Correction factor:
O2_cf = (20.95 - 11) / (20.95 - O2)
H2O_cf = (100 - H2O_r) / (100 - H2O)
T_cf = (T + T_r) / T_r
P_cf = P_r / P

Normalized value:
SO2 = SO2_in / (O2_cf * H2O_cf * T_cf * P_cf)

For now, where is necessery, I'm using tostring function.
Taking into account the accuracy of the measurements, I think this
should be sufficient.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I don't see any comparison anywhere... Where does the equality comparison fit in?

Well, you should have read all the floating point material by now.

So, assuming you now know about floating point, do you still require an equality comparison?

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)