It was thus said that the Great Zev Alouche once stated:
> I want to create a RBL server in Lua. I found a number of DNS libraries,
> but none of them seem to be maintained anymore. What DNS library should I
> use?

  Does your RBL server need to answer DNS queries?  I so have a DNS library
[1] but it's designed more around decoding DNS packets than actual encoding
[2] but it's simple to use, and it does come with Lua bindings.

  -spc

[1]	https://github.com/spc476/SPCDNS

[2]	It can encode queries and NAPTR records [3].

[3]	I have to deal with NAPTR records at work.