On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Gé Weijers <ge@weijers.org> wrote:
Most of the time goroutines communicate over typed channels, Go is loosely modeled on Hoare's CSP, and so is Erlang. The difference is that Go also allows other methods. The prudent software engineer will avoid shared memory whenever it's feasible.

Yep, it's pragmatic and you have to be a grown-up and your good choices - definitely a descendent of C ;)

For any goroutine/coroutine Lua integration, data over channels is the way to go (pun not intended)  One day soon, if the weather worsens (as Ralph knows ;)).  Not quite the average Sunday afternoon hack, because I have to keep the semantics of three languages in my head at once....