> Since Go is packed with lots of cross-platform "batteries" and a tightly
> integrated C-compiler (CGO) it seems to me that it would make an
> excellent platform for developing in Lua, too, but it doesn't seem it
> has caught Lua developers' attention.

At first glance, my impression is that Go would be an awkward partner for Lua -- goroutines like to be lightweight; while the main route for maintaining thread safety in lua is to have a unique state for each thread.  There's probably ways of engineering around that awkwardness -- perhaps by using channels to set up some sort of shared lua-state pool -- but I haven't tried it.

-Sven