On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 03:54:53PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Great idea, but ... fails to find the installed Lua on Debian, where
> Lua keeps its include files in places like /usr/include/lua5.1 (it
> also supports pkg-config, so you can do "pkg-config --cflags
> lua5.1")... :]

It doesn't have any builtin default directories to traverse. You have to
add -I/usr/include to the CPPFLAGS environment variable or use the -I switch
when invoking the utility. Perhaps I should add -I/usr/include when neither
of those are specified.

> [also, doing "luapath lua" hangs  because it invokes
> "lualatex"... even hitting ^C doesn't kill it.  >< ]

Thank you. I should close stdin, and I probably shouldn't have added the
lua* glob at the last moment.