On 29/07/2013 1.07, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
The earliest implementation of Lua that we have found to date has files
dated 28 Jul 1993. We have dubbed that version Lua 1.0, which is available at
	http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-1.0.tar.gz

Lacking a precise release date, since Lua 1.0 was never released,
we commemorate 20 years of Lua today.

On behalf of the Lua team, I thank you all for your interest in Lua and
for your support and ideas during all these years, which have motivated
us to keep developing Lua.
--lhf

BTW, this makes Lua a "Leo" astrologically. Not that I care for such things, but for a language named after a star body it could be relevant :-)

What year was 1993 on Chinese oroscope? :-)

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo