On 24/07/13 19:39, Petite Abeille wrote:
On Jul 17, 2013, at 10:10 AM, David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:

I just hope that one of these 2 solutions will be approved and added
for the final Lua 5.3
What about neither?

Me myself, haven't ever seen the necessity of knowing whether a number is integer or not. In my own programs, at least. In application space, if I need an "integer" I call floor(). A transparent internal integer representation for numbers, whenever the VM considers appropriate, suits me perfectly. The more transparent, the better.

Jorge