----- Ursprüngliche Message -----

OK. It is probably a workaround. So, I put all Lua values I need to reference from my UD in this table.
"All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of indirection" :-)

(BTW, I can set uservalue and metatable for a userdata separately, right? It is not need to be the same reference?)

The only drawback I would expect is that I need an additional table access every time when I need to access a Lua object. Therefore I'm not sure about the "efficient" part of my requirement.
My original idea was to store real references to Lua objects somewhere inside the UD. Since Lua would not know where to find those pointers inside UD,  it would need to use the __trace method from a UD metatable.

-Leo