On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 08:44:16AM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> To ressurect an old thread:
>
> Does the Lua web site need a page "Getting Started with Lua",
> along the lines of http://python.org/about/gettingstarted/ ?
>
> I've tried again and wrote the page below
> 	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/tmp/start.htm
>
> but I'm not sure I can find the right tone or level of detail, nor whether
> that page is indeed useful, or whether Google and the site map are enough:
> 	http://www.lua.org/map.html

I've lost count of the number of times people come onto the IRC channel
and ask how best to get started; we often point them towards PiL, the
manual, and resources linked to from the wiki.  I think having a an
"official" place to direct people that succinctly describes how to get
started, and provides links to other documents that may be helpful would
be valuable.

B.