Le 15/07/2013 19:41, Henning Diedrich a écrit :
> "String manipulation is the core functionality for all languages so this allows to compare languages fairly."
>
> Says it all.

C code is totally biased :
* it disables output buffering ... so console throughput penalize the result
* I strongly doubt that other languages are all doing such stupid memory
reallocation for every string manipulation : the optimizer should detect
everything we are touching always the same string so it always use the
same quite large temporary buffer. As strings don't exist as such for
the C compiler it can't do such optimization.
Bye

Lolo