Hello All,

I've spent the last two hours trying to figure this out but I just couldn't.

I'm using os.execute to run a batch file. When I double click the batch file it runs fine. I can also run it fine from the command prompt. There is nothing wrong with the command.

Now the problem is, the file gives an error when I try to run it through the os.execute. Batch file is just a single line:

reg.exe QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perl > perl_location.txt

When I run os.execute(perl.bat) I get the following error:

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

Now the bizarre thing is, if I try another registry key such as :

reg.exe QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Notepad > perl_location.txt

It works!!!

I just couldn't figure out what is wrong here. Any thoughts?