2013/7/8 Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com>:

> Nothing prevents you from assigning to math.idiv either.

I like semi-global variables, i.e. local variables whose scope is
the entire file, visible as upvalues everywhere.

   local idiv = require"idiv"

I'll go with Sean's modification: an idiv module for Lua 5.2 providing
a function that returns quotient and remainder. A math.idiv in Lua 5.3
is not really necessary: the 5.2/5.3 compatibility code can go into the
module source. But since work1 is the one time when the developers are
asking us, put the request on the wishlist by all means.