Hi everyone,

I'm working on an automated test-case generator for Lua code. To make the tool more effective, I would need to disable string internalization in the interpreter. Are there many places in the code where the internalization is implicitly assumed, instead of performing full equality checks?

According to luaconf.h, the value of the LUAI_MAXSHORTLEN value should not be smaller than 10, in order to cover keywords and metamethods. Is there any easy way to find where such cases occur in the source code?

Thanks,
Stefan Bucur