On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
I tend to consider 'module(name)' evil nowadays. It is is so easy
to write a module without 'module', and the result is so less magic...

I tend to agree (moved all my code away from module even before 5.2 due to David M's persuasive arguments) but people do not need to rewrite existing code using module to feel 'up to date'. I'm trying to be very liberal in advice, since it isn't _very_ evil. But yes, always magical.

(In my experience porting from module to no-nonsense style is error-prone without a good static analysis tool - Egil's script helped me a lot to keep PL sane in the process.)

steve d.