[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: LuaSocket 3.0-rc1 now available
- From: Fabien <fleutot+lua@...>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:04:38 +0200
I didn't know you were working on a major release. I have a couple of suggestions about ltn12, which I would have liked you to consider:
- filter.chain(...) will accept any number of filters and chain them together; source.chain(src, f) will also "accept" any number of filters, however it will silently ignore all of them but the first one. Something like "function source.chain(src, f, ...) if ... then f=filter.chain(f, ...) end" would avoid this hard-to-find bug.
- Same for sink.chain(s, snk).
- Allowing to pass filters in pump calls, i.e. "pump.all(src, f1, f2, ..., fn, snk)" would often improve user code readability.
- Speaking of this, I can't figure out the intended use case for the optional "step" argument in pump.all(src, snk, step).