Hi Geoff,

> Maybe an alternative approach might be possible as you mentioned, adding a few line of
> code that interfaced ZBS to the exe via a pipe. Coincidentally, my app is already using an
> anonymous pipe to pass data back and forth between a GUI exe.

Interesting. Do you use stdin/stdout to pass messages back and forth?
How do you deal with blocking io? Or do you use fcntl to switch to
non-blocking reads/writes?

It *may* be possible to do something like this for ZBS (assuming you'd
start the executable from ZBS and input/output are redirected), but it
would require a different interaction between the debugger and the IDE
from what's currently implemented. You'd lose all features that
require non-blocking io (like suspending a running application), but
the rest of the debugger functionality should still work.

Paul.