On 06/06/2013 15:37, Coda Highland wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Egil Hjelmeland
> <privat@egil-hjelmeland.no> wrote:

>>> Thanks, added a modified version.
>>> In the hurry to do something with that great project name I forgot you
>>> may want to remove data :)
>>>
>>> Other solution was to add a supported_types.nil = function() return nil
>>> end, and leave the "nil files" in place. Way weird!
>>>

>> Non-trivial suggestion:
>>
>> If I could at runtime choose to have an sqlite database file as an backend
>> as an alternative to the current folders-files-backend, I think the coolness
>> of the product would actually match the coolness of the name...
>>

> Why SQLite? It seems to me a key-value store like gdbm/Tokyo
> Cabinet/Kyoto Cabinet would be a much better fit/
>
> /s/ Adam

Apart from GPL it is apparently fragile, just trip over the line cord.

This might be of great interest:- sqlite4, which is parallel to sqlite3

"A greatly simplified Key/Value storage engine is used:"

http://sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/design.wiki

sqlite has a good record on robustness.

Portability, it is still in C, "However, SQLite4 will use more C99
features than did SQLite3, while still striving to maintain
compatibility with popular compilers."