On 06/06/2013 04:19 AM, Egil Hjelmeland wrote:
If I could at runtime choose to have an sqlite database file as an
backend as an alternative to the current folders-files-backend, I think
the coolness of the product would actually match the coolness of the
name...

That would be nice. A system that would allow me to "mark" any table as persistent, would be extremely interesting. Persistent table in Lua could be what file descriptors are in C. Just as UNIX is a provider of file descriptors to C, this system could be the foundation of a "true Lua OS". Just imagine an I/O bound table! Pair it with a coroutine-based dispatcher and you got a very clever environment.

Now, for persistor, my intention was to do the smallest system that would do something useful (for small values of useful). If anything, I'm not satisfied because it came out too long. I would be glad to drop functionality (bear with me) for a neater implementation.

Jorge