Diego Nehab-3 wrote
> I don't remember seeing a full patch, but I blieve it would
> be easy to create a module in the flavour of the unix domain
> socket support that ships with LuaSocket as a sample.

It looks like raw socket support has been requested a few times around the
internet already. But checking the repo  here
<https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/tree/unstable>   shows no
indication that this feature has ever been incorporated.

Is there any hope of adding this in soon so we don't have to hack together
our own ad-hoc solution to this?