You should be able to use localStorage normally, through js.global.localStorage, basically like any other DOM property that lua.vm.js makes available to Lua.

All the default Lua libraries should be enabled in that build. If they use stdio to do stuff, then that turns into operations on an emulated filesystem in memory. So it wouldn't last beyond the current session, but we could add an option to save it to localStorage if that is useful.

- Alon