Hi list,

I am looking for a Lua interpreter that I can run inside a shell
buffer in Emacs _in Windows_; I have downloaded and installed
LuaForWindows from

  https://code.google.com/p/luaforwindows/
  https://luaforwindows.googlecode.com/files/LuaForWindows_v5.1.4-46.exe

but when I run `M-x shell' in Emacs and then on the command prompt I
type either "lua" or "ilua" I don't get a Lua prompt... the Lua
interpreter somehow gets stuck - but I discovered is that if I create
this script ("foo.lua"),

  io.stdout:setvbuf("no")
  print "hello"
  for li in io.line() do
    print("<"..li..">")
  end
  print "bye"

and run "lua foo.lua" then I can interact with it; but if I omit the
first `io.stdout:setvbuf("no")' then it gets stuck in the same way as
the Lua interpreter...

Ok, now you are probably wondering why I am trying to do such a weird
thing as running Lua inside a shell inside Emacs inside Windows; the
reason is that I am trying to help a friend who got interesting in the
way of controlling interactive programs shown in this video,

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj_zKC5BR64

(a demo starts around 20s, iirc), but she uses mostly Windows...

  Thanks in advance,
    Eduardo Ochs
    eduardoochs@gmail.com
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev