Coved Oswald wrote:
I am working and I want to make my own gui in lua. I've only done gui in
java before, and I don't want to work with external libraries or
anything. I could work with xml, or something else, just not any other
language or external library. If you could help that would be great.

Well it takes GUI development in a different direction (ie non-widget based development, more asset based development) but you might be interested in Storyboard Suite from Crank Software:

http://www.cranksoftware.com/storyboard

It is focused on embedded development targets, but allows you to incorporate content directly from graphic designers and uses Lua as the glue logic for bringing the user interface to life.

Thomas .. who works for Crank.