On 2013-05-25 22:51, Thijs Schreijer wrote:
> How would I get a proper list of addresses the current system uses?

I don't think this is can be done with a released version of LuaSocket yet.

You might want to check out this commit:
https://github.com/mwild1/luasocket/commit/5124888addf0505c53db1daffebd1136c90e685d
It adds socket.local_addresses() which returns all local configured
addresses.  (This was something needed for IPv6 support in prosody.)

Other than that, the lsocket module has getinterfaces() which provides
info about local interfaces.

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur