On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
The best you could do would be to guess at what name was used at the
invocation point, but I don't think Lua offers introspection at that
level without digging into the bytecode.

And even that won't help that much - it could tell you that a CALL used a particular named local/upvalue.

It's easy enough for Lua to give us names for global functions, but most of our functions aren't global ;)

All is not lost - generally we don't expect such messages to be time-critical, so one could do a hunt through the tables in package.loaded.