Hi James,

inet_ntop and inet_pton appear to be missing on Windows. I patched
luasocket for mingw, but it seems like they are not present for VS as
well. You can find the commit that adds this functionality to
luasocket here:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/luasocket/commit/5a58786a39bbef7ed4805821cc921f1d40f12068

For the getaddrinfo you may need to link against ws2_32.

You may want to check build-mingw.sh script I have in this branch
(https://github.com/pkulchenko/luasocket/commits/lua52-mingw), which
works for me on Windows.

Paul.