Well, as someone who uses Lua only very occasionally and does a lot in other languages (mainly C/C++ and C# for Windows Environments) I can only say, that I found stackexchange.com very useful more than one time when looking for answers to specific problems. The lua-l mailing list is not well suited for this as it's more kind of a forum doing a lot of discussions instead of giving real answers and I rarely found concrete answers to problems there (at least not without a lot of digging).

But why do you want to get an own lua.stackexchange.com?
Is stackexchange.com itself not already sufficient?