2013/4/29 Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com>:

> Still, if it is an implementation detail, it can be changed without
> changing the language. That possibility is demonstrated in the attached
> version of `lstrlib.c`.

The modified code does not actually in all cases do what it is supposed
to, and I do not understand the Lua source code well enough to fix the
mistake.

Moreover, I failed to change the header comments, or to change the
filename before attaching it. These are unpardonable sins.

I therefore unreservedly withdraw any implied support for this code
file. Please rename or destroy any copy that may have been made of it.