On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
>Yes, Wolfram does a pretty good job, but even then sometimes I can't get it to understand a seemingly >simple calculation at all. Google does similar with their search.

Ah, but imagine it was interactive - then any point of ambiguity would result in a question, and so on.

I once caught Stefan's vision and wanted to do a natural language shell, but it turns out to be a distinctly non-trivial problem to work out what 'this' means, as Tim Hill notes ;)  For one thing, it would have to have deep hooks into the desktop environment so that it had full context;  for traditional shells the context is mostly the current working directory.