On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 08:55:32PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hi all,
>
> On 5/1/2013 at GoLUG (http://www.golug.org/), I'm doing a presentation
> on inotify. I'll be teaching the inotify foundation in C, just like
> everyone else, but at the end I'm going to do a dog and pony show with
> inotifywait, inotifywatch, pyinotify, and any kind of Lua
> implementation there is.
>
> What are some good inotify Lua libraries that work with 5.2?

Not sure if it's any good, but my cqueues library supports Linux inotify
within it's notify submodule. On BSD it uses kqueue's EVFILT_VNODE and on
Solaris the PORT_SOURCE_FILE mechanism.

	http://25thandclement.com/~william/projects/cqueues.html

Because EVFILT_VNODE works differently than inotify or PORT_SOURCE_FILE, the
API requires explicitly requesting for which files you want notifications,
other than the anchoring directory. For an example of how the Lua API works,
see examples/notify.lua in the project tree. The API is also documented in
the manual.