On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM, leaf corcoran <leafot@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just trying out lpeg 0.12 with MoonScript, seems to have fixed the
> segfault that happens in 0.11 which is great. But while testing I noticed a
> pretty significant performance regression. It seems like lpeg 0.12 is about
> 2 times slower than 0.10.

For the LPeg test file, v0.11 and v0.12rc2 are about 5 times slower than v0.10.

I know that the new test files are longer, but, when I compare the
runtime with PureLPeg (minus a few tests that it doesn't support yet),
I get a 30x penalty against 0.10, and only 6x when compared to 0.11+
(respectively 25x and 3.7x with LuaJIT)...

I was pretty happy with the 6x difference... 30x is huge :-/

-- Pierre-Yves