On 25/04/2013 17.19, Andrew Starks wrote:
This is my most hated bug. I feel like I can probably find this bug in just
about every piece of lua code, even though finding it doesn't mean that the
expected arguments wouldn't be processed correctly. That is, usually the
caller is expected to pass a non-bool or nothing, and false would act as a
lot like it's supposed to, but not always.

Well, I don't consider it a bug... but a slight annoyance, yes.
My preferred approach is just to avoid default behaviour for booleans: it's faster and safer for users (including myself).

--
  Enrico