On 04/24/2013 11:09 PM, William Ahern wrote:
The most sensible and simplest rule is what Lua uses, IMO.

I would prefer nothing by default. Table members would still be declared "on the fly" but I would like to see global accesses syntactically (write and read) from the code without an IDE coloring it or going though all the scopes looking for an according local declaration. In my opinion readability is more important than writeability.

--
Thomas