On 16 April 2013 11:11, Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch> wrote:
> I think that would be just fine because almost all
> mistakes with globals happen on the LHS.

I beg to differ. Most of my mistakes involving globals is due to
mistyping a variable and happily using it (which then equals nil).
Integrating the wonderful metalua-based lua-inspect tool into my text
editor has done wonders to deal with this (thank you Fabien and
David!). Now those undeclared globals show up in bright yellow with a
red background, which makes them really hard to miss. :)

-- Hisham
http://hisham.hm/