On 11 April 2013 21:52, Henning Diedrich <hd2010@eonblast.com> wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> On Apr 11, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>

>> lua.c is a client of the Lua core. 'return' is hardcoded there as it
>> is hardcoded in any piece of Lua code.
>>
>> -- Roberto
>
> can you restate that maybe? I don't quite get it.

Firstly, lua.c (the standalone command-line interpreter) is just an
app that uses Lua, the library.

Secondly, the 'return' hard-coded in lua.c is just a piece of standard
Lua code. There is no reason that it should be changed without a
change to Lua, the language.

Another simpler way to put it - if Dirk were to build a version of Lua
with all the keywords translated to Lojban, all existing Lua scripts
would need to be rewritten to work with it. The 'return' in lua.c is
just another one of these scripts, except that it happens to be very
short and embedded inside a C file :)

Regards,
Matthew