2013/4/6 David Burgess <dburgess@gmail.com>:

> I have a simple request. Would it be possible to provide a simple
> makefile and default config.h that can be used without
> configure/automake/m4/rocks etc?

In general, not just for this pacakge, why can't we aim at any package
to build with exactly the same command as Lua itself uses? Surely
few of us write packages of greater complexity. So it should just be
a matter of replacing the contents of the src directory in the Lua
distribution with one's own stuff and changing some target names.