I presume few Lua developers know of BarracudaDrive and that it is a small self contained application server that can run Lua Server Pages.

We recently ran a speed test and BarracudaDrive appears to be faster at serving small dynamically created pages using Lua than Apache is at serving small static pages.

The speed test is available here:
http://barracudadrive.com/blog/2013/03/Apache-Nginx-Lighttpd-Monkey-and-BarracudaDrive-Speed-Test

The BarracudaDrive Lua developer information page is here:
http://barracudadrive.com/LuaServerPages.lsp

BTW, the above pages are hosted by the BarracudaDrive CMS and the server runs on a small SheevaPlug.

Regards,
Wilfred Nilsen