On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:
  This is api_compatible >= 1.5.
but the actual information you have to work with is
  Jay Carlson says, "This is api_compatible >= 1.5."

Which is why the rockspec format needs two email fields: author and maintainer (like in LuaDist).  We may not be the most modest people on the planet, but we would hate to implicitly claim that this package is ours only.  With this small change, a packaging culture can appear.  An enthusiastic rockspec writer can then happily wrap up useful modules without confusion about authorship.