Very interesting, thanks for sharing it with us! :)

On 30.03.2013 01:58, dcharno wrote:

I haven't seen this mentioned on the mailing list, but I thought
others might find it interesting.  The videos on the project page
look impressive.

http://http://polycode.org

FREE, OPEN SOURCE AND CROSS-PLATFORM

Polycode is completely free and open source (MIT license), with all
development happening publicly on Github. Its core is written in C++
and currently runs on Mac, Windows and Linux with iOS and Android
support planned in the future.

C++ OR LUA

You can use Polycode as a C++ library or write everything in Lua using
the Polycode IDE. Polycode's API is designed around the "do more with
less code" philosophy. It uses a managed scenegraph system that takes
care of rendering and updates, but provides the ability to do custom
rendering and updates if you so wish

POLYCODE IDE

Custom cross-platform IDE for editing content and Lua scripts. Write
everything in Lua inside the IDE and publish directly to all supported
platforms or use it in tandem with the C++ API for content editing.
Layout 2D Polycode entities (with 3D support planned for the future),
edit materials and write Lua scripts.

ONE-CLICK PUBLISHING.

Publish your app directly from the IDE to all supported paltforms if
you are using Lua only. Polycode creates its own app format called a
"polyapp", which contains all of your code and assets and wraps it
into a platform-specific player. The C++ API is cross-platform as
well, of course, but you will need to compile it yourself

--

Bas Groothedde
Imagine Programming