Sorry about my last question, it is just the dot that is not a dot

so:send("test")

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Helen Fornazier <helen@wizzilab.com> wrote:
Thank you very much for all of your answers.

I tried to install ynezz/librs232, but when I execute :

> ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc --target=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc --prefix=$PWD/dist

I got this message :

configure: WARNING:
*** Lua (>=5.0) headers and/or librairies couldn't be found in your system.
*** Try to install liblua, liblualib and liblua-dev with your software package manager.
*** librs232 will be built without Lua bindings library.
./configure: line 11854: 1: command not found

But I have all this packages installed. Do you know if there is something that I am missing?
I check the configure file, it checks if I have lua in my system, but as I am cross compiling I think it should just get the headers and not the compiling flags.

Now I am testing ser2net, it works really well, I tested with telnet. I just have a simple (maybe stupid) question, I am really new in Lua : In my Lua code, when I write:

> require "nixio"
> nixio.connect(localhost, 2001, "inet", "stream")
> so = nixio.connect(localhost, 2001, "inet", "stream")
> print(so)
nixio socket 4
> so.send("test")
stdin:1: bad argument #1 to 'send' (nixio.socket expected, got string)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'send'
    stdin:1: in main chunk
    [C]: ?

the variable so is not a nixio.socket ?

Thanks!

Helen Fornazier

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM, <mlepage@antimeta.com> wrote:
I have successfully used ynezz to talk to a serial port on an Arduino, about a year ago.

Sent from my new BlackBerry Z10