Am 29.03.2013 14:33 schröbte Rob Kendrick:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 01:15:12PM +0000, Gavin Wraith wrote:
I am having these error messages when I try to compile
lpeg 0.11:

"c.lpcode", line 287: Error: assignment to 'const' object 'follow'

which I guess happens because my compiler does not allow assignments to types qualified as
const. Any suggestions how I get round this?

Hmm, time for a language lawyer.  At first glance, assigning to "const
charset follow" seems file, because charset is a typedef for an array of
chars.  What's changing is the the pointer, not what is pointed at, and
that would be fine.  I assume you're using Norcroft?  It may be that it
is not expanding the typedef at the correct time.

Of course, you could use GCC :)

... or just #define const to nothing, which technically speaking invokes undefined behavior IIRC, but you are obviously not in ISO-C land anyhow ...

B.

Philipp