Josh Simmons <simmons.44@gmail.com> writes:
> At millions of actors I'm guessing using a debug hook is going to be
> really bad for your performance characteristics.

Hmm, is this really true?  Using the "count" parameter, the hooks
don't have to fire that often, and Lua debug hooks that don't fire are
not expensive....

If the main concern is to avoid runaway threads and infinite loops,
one could use a largish count, and assume that most yields would be
explicit.

[No comment otherwise, I have no idea how you could force a yield with
a debug hook!]

-miles

--
Congratulation, n. The civility of envy.