I know I should have tested during the RCs, sorry.

I had the following issues building Lua 5.2.2 with mingw.

1) Installation:
make mingw
make install

It does not copy lua52.dll to /usr/local/bin/, so running just "lua" fails with the following message:

"The program can't start because lua52.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. "

However, "make test" works fine.

I can fix that doing:
make install TO_BIN="lua luac lua52.dll"

Is this a known issue with mingw?

2) Configuration

This is the output of "make echo":

PLAT= none
CC= gcc
CFLAGS= -O2 -Wall -DLUA_COMPAT_ALL
LDFLAGS=
LIBS= -lm
AR= ar rcu
RANLIB= ranlib
RM= rm -f
PLAT= none
V= 5.2
R= 5.2.1
TO_BIN= lua luac
TO_INC= lua.h luaconf.h lualib.h lauxlib.h lua.hpp
TO_LIB= liblua.a
TO_MAN= lua.1 luac.1
INSTALL_TOP= /usr/local
INSTALL_BIN= /usr/local/bin