On Mar 19, 2013, at 11:32 PM, William Sumner <prestonsumner@me.com> wrote:

> I know Lua only has tables. Because they're used for arrays, classes, and more, catching only undefined globals is insufficient.

Non sequitur. What else is there?

Perhaps if you spell out what specific problem/scenario you are trying to sort out, then someone could suggest something constructive. Generalities are not going to get you very far.

> I'm suggesting that, unless there's a good reason for the current behavior that I'm unaware of, relying on user-implemented solutions is undesirable

I'm a user, and I'm just fine as it is. But thanks for your concern.

> and that the language should raise an error because the current default behavior is unsafe.

Hmm, thanks, but no thanks. Feel free to change your own copy of Lua in any way, shape, or form, you see fit.